Monday, April 4, 2011

Summer Salad

Mango salad

I made this a couple times this week and it was delicous and summery.

I chopped up a bunch of whatever I had in the fridge...
I didnt measure or anything, just what looked good.
I thought I would share with you my salad "recipe" and some health benefits of all the ingredients!

(one cup contains 25% of your daily intake of vitamin A -thats good for your eyes)
(eating avocados for only one week can lower cholesterol on average 17%)
(contains silica which is good for connective tissue, and can improve your complexion)
(linked to reduced risk of a number of cancers, and contains more vitamin C than oranges)
(contains a surprising amount of polyphenols.. phytonutrients which help protect agains disease)
(a powerful cleansing agent, chemical compounds in cilantro bind to heavy metals in the body and help eliminate them)
(Anti-oxidant, anti-carcinogenic, anti-biotic and detoxifying properties, and can help get rid of ulcers)

So mix your self up this healthy summer salad and start enjoying the benefits today!! It would also make a great salsa if everything was chopped smaller and you added more juice.
Impress everyone by bringing it to your first BBQ of the summer...

(click on the ingredient to see more health benefits)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...