Everyone knows smoking is bad for them. Most smokers pretend that smoking isn't bad for them....
Whether or not you can see or feel the effects your cigarette is having on you... it is negatively affecting your health.
So here are a few health benefits you will have within minutes of quitting.
* In 20 minutes your blood pressure will drop back down to normal.
* In 8 hours the carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) levels in your blood stream will drop by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal.
* In 48 hours your chance of having a heart attack will have decreased. All nicotine will have left your body. Your sense of taste and smell will return to a normal level.
* In 72 hours your bronchial tubes will relax, and your energy levels will increase.
* In 2 weeks your circulation will increase, and it will continue to improve for the next 10 weeks.
* In three to nine months coughs, wheezing and breathing problems will dissipate as your lung capacity improves by 10%.
* In 1 year your risk of having a heart attack will have dropped by half.
* In 5 years your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.
* In 10 years your risk of lung cancer will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
* In 15 years your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
Smokers who get help from their doctor either through information, help-lines, or medication are more likely to quit the dirty stinky lethal habit for good.
Do yourself a favour - talk to your doctor about quitting smoking today.